RTF 399 – Los Angeles Connection
Next course offering: January 2017 Interim
This course offers a unique opportunity for students to gain first-hand knowledge of the Los Angeles media industry. Students will research and experience various career and media companies in the LA area. Students will work with UWO alumni and other media professionals who will share their knowledge and expertise. Note: Course counts toward student’s university 300/400 credits required for graduation.
- RTF 120
- RTF 250
- 2.5 GPA
- Instructor permission
- OIE Application and RTF interview are required for admission
Note: Course requirements may be waived with consent of instructor.
- 12-14 students
The application process for this course is handled through the Office of International Education.
1 — Review the OIE program guide for the course. Here you will find all pertinent information about applying, participating, and paying for the program.
2 — Complete Steps I & II of the OIE application by May 6, 2016.
- Step I – Initial Application.
- Step II – Application Packet including 200 fee. Step II also includes an RTF application (completed through OIE) that includes the following:
- 3 essay questions
- letter of reference from a non-RTF, UWO faculty or staff member
- Upon complete of Step II you will be contacted for an interview.
3 — Course Acceptance
- Once you are accepted into the course, you have until May 15, 2016 to complete Step III.
4 — Payment of Program Fees & Orientation
- First Payment of $1,000 (or full fee if the total due to UW Oshkosh is less than $1,000) is due the last Friday of October.
- Final Payment, including all related tuition fees, is due the first Friday of December.
Areas of Focus:
- Television Development
- Talent Agency
- Post Production
- Entertainment Marketing
- Tuition (included in Fall semester tuition if student is between 12-18 credits, contact Student Accounts for more information)
- OIE Application Fee: $200
- Trip Costs: $2500-$3000 — includes airfare, hotel, ground transportation and admission fees
- Food Costs: ~$480 ($40 x 12 days) — depending on how much you eat out
- Entertainment/Incidental Costs: Varies